This Roasted Sweet Chili Cauliflower is bright, super flavorful, and the perfect side dish. It’s tossed in a spicy, sweet marinade and then roasted to perfection. Easy to prepare and oil-free.
People like to say cauliflower is the new chicken. I think that’s pretty disrespectful to the cauliflower. It ain’t nothing like chicken. It’s BETTER! I get that cauliflower has never been considered the coolest cruciferous kid in the garden. But, all that has changed.
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Roasted Sweet Chili Cauliflower!
It’s the perfect blend of sweet and spicy with just a slight bit of tanginess from a little lime juice. Hold on because this cauliflower recipe is about to kiss and kick you all at once.
Can you handle it? Let’s find out!
How Do You Make Roasted Sweet Chili Cauliflower
Prepare your cauliflower by cutting it into little florets. But, I prefer to save time, and my sanity, by using two 10-ounce bags of precut cauliflower florets. Yeah, I know it’s lazy. But, trust me on this one.
Next, prepare your marinade by adding the chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, maple syrup, and lime juice to a mixing bowl and whisking it all together. Now, add your florets to the marinade and toss them until they’re well coated.
Finally, cook the cauliflower in a nonstick skillet until it browns up all nice and pretty. And, because there is no oil in this dish, be sure and let the pan get completely hot before using it.
Finish it all off by roasting in a 450˚F oven for about 15-20 minutes until the cauliflower is soft, charred, and perfect.
That’s it! Delicious Roasted Sweet Chili Cauliflower.
What Do I Serve With Baked Sweet & Spicy Cauliflower
There are several ways to enjoy this sweet and savory dish.
- Serve this cauliflower up as an appetizer. My Tofu Sour Cream with a little dill makes a wonderful dipping sauce.
- Pile on top of rice and garnish with a little green onion for an incredibly healthy low-fat meal.
- Add some sriracha to my Creamy Cashew Mayo and make one of the best sandwiches you will ever eat. GUARANTEED!
I have no doubt you will love this Sweet Chili Cauliflower. It’s…
- Full of flavor
- Easy to prepare
If you make this recipe, be sure and let me know! Leave a comment, RATE IT, and tag a photo #shaneandsimple on Instagram. I want to see what you’re doing!Print
This Roasted Sweet Chili Cauliflower is bright, super flavorful, and the perfect side dish. It’s tossed in a spicy, sweet marinade and then roasted to perfection. Easy to prepare, vegan, & gluten-free!
- 3 tablespoon. chili garlic sauce
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoon. low-sodium soy or tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoon. maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon. fresh lime juice. You can use lemon juice or apple cider vinegar if you don’t have lime juice.
- 2 10-ounce bags of precut cauliflower florets or 1 medium sized head of cauliflower cut into bite size florets.
- Preheat your oven to 450˚F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, and heat a large nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- Mix the chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, maple syrup, and lime juice all together in a large mixing bowl. Add your cauliflower and toss until it is evenly and well coated.
- Once the skillet is hot, and be sure it is hot, add the cauliflower with a slotted spoon but be sure and save the marinade. Cook the cauliflower, stirring frequently, in the skillet until browns up nicely and most of the liquid has dissolved. About 10 minutes or so.
- Remove the cauliflower from the nonstick pan, layout evenly on your parchment lined baking sheet, and use a spoon or ladel to pour some of the leftover marinade over the cauliflower. Place the cauliflower in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower is done you may serve immediately.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 47
- Sugar: 7.5 g
- Sodium: 196.5 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.8 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: asian, thai, vegan, side, spicy, sweet, vegan, low-fat