This Tofu Breakfast Scramble is simple, hearty, savory, healthy and comes together in less than 20 minutes. Vegan, plant-based, and oil-free!
I love breakfast foods…PERIOD! And, one of my favorite meals is this Tofu Breakfast Scramble. It’s hearty, full of flavor, and really satisfies the hunger.
People tend to avoid tofu like the plague because they think it’s bland and complicated. This recipe is anything but bland and complicated. Not to sound arrogant, but this recipe is pretty awesome and will forever change the way you look at tofu.
Eggs were never really my thing before going plant-based so letting them go wasn’t difficult. But, for some, eggs are like a morning ritual and the thought of giving them up for oatmeal is unbearable.
Or, if you are already plant-based and still trying to figure out what to do with that block of tofu you bought three months ago. Stop wondering! This is what you do with it.
You make this vegan tofu scramble recipe!
I think the best thing about this Tofu Breakfast Scramble is the fact it doesn’t taste anything like eggs…it’s better! Let’s face it, eggs are pretty bland until someone dumps all that salt and pepper on them.
This scramble is an incredibly healthy way to start the day. There are almost 20 grams of protein in just 8oz. of tofu. Not to mention it’s a great source of calcium as well.
Tofu Breakfast Scramble
And, outside the seasonings, you can make this even healthier by adding whatever veggies you want to the mix. Pile it on!
Personally, I think you’ll love this Tofu Breakfast Scramble recipe because it hits so many levels on the taste meter. It’s…
- Easy to make
- A little bit of sweet
- & Delicious
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so it should be easy, plant-based, delicious, and exciting. Tofu? Exciting? Absolutely!
This tofu scramble recipe is great as-is but paired with my Spicy Vegan Breakfast Sausage, it’s heavenly.Print
This tofu breakfast scramble is simple, hearty, savory, healthy and comes together in less than 20 minutes. Vegan, plant-based, and oil-free!
- 1 14 oz. box firm or extra firm tofu (NOT SILKEN)
- 1 cup fresh spinach (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp of Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or 2 Tbsp of low-sodium soy sauce.
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 3 tbsp. coconut sugar (If you don’t have coconut sugar, use 1–2 tbsp. maple syrup)
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. sage
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- Crumble tofu by hand into a large mixing bowl and add all remaining ingredients, except for spinach & onion, into a bowl with tofu and mix well.
- Once the skillet is hot, chop the onion and cook for about two minutes. Cook just enough to soften the onions. If you’re worried about the onion sticking, add a couple of tablespoons of water to the pan.
- Add tofu mixture and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach and cook until spinach is soft.
- Plate and enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: vegan, breakfast, plant-based, healthy, tofu