This 5-ingredient chocolate chia seed pudding is so easy to make, naturally sweetened, rich, creamy, and absolutely delicious. It’s full of nutrients and perfect for breakfast or dessert! Vegan and dairy-free!
I’m convinced the phrase, “Big things come in small packages,” was referring specifically to chia seeds. These little things are nutrition powerhouses. Chia seeds are super versatile as well. There’s almost nothing they can’t do.
Apart from being one of the world’s foremost superfoods, chia seeds are a great thickening agent for things like Strawberry Chia Jam or using in place of flax in flax eggs. But, my absolute FAVORITE way to enjoy them is this heavenly Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding!
This creamy, indulgent, chocolatey pudding is not only delicious but super good for you! It’s full of fiber, protein, healthy fats, and complex carbs. Not to mention it’s also naturally sweetened, vegan, and gluten-free.
One more thing: It’s perfect for dessert or breakfast. Did someone say, “Chocolate pudding for breakfast?” Yes, I absolutely said that. Now, let’s make it!
You only need 5 simple ingredients. It’s very likely you have most if not all of them already.
- Chia Seeds: The secret little ingredient for this incredible recipe.
- Non-Dairy Milk: use any unsweetened non-dairy milk you prefer.
- Cocoa Powder
- Maple Syrup: The perfect all-natural sweetener.
- Vanilla: Perfect for adding a depth of flavor and aroma.
You won’t believe how simple it is to make this healthy chocolate chia pudding!
- Add all the ingredients to a small or medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk until everything is well combined.
- Let the pudding mixture sit for 10 minutes, giving the chia seeds time to gel and firm up. Then, whisk everything once more.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours. But, overnight is best.
- Remove the chia pudding from the refrigerator, stir with a spoon, and pour into small dessert bowls or glasses. Top with frozen or fresh fruit and serve.
How Long Will This Pudding Last
You can store this chocolate chia pudding in the fridge for up to 5 days. It’s an easy and healthy treat to keep on hand so you and your family can enjoy it throughout the week.
It’s also great to make in large batches and freeze it. Then, when your chocolate craving strikes you can simply thaw and enjoy. (I thought you’d like this aspect of it)
💭 Top Tips
- Make-Ahead: You can make chocolate chia seed pudding up to 3 days in advance as a healthy make-ahead breakfast or dessert. Just be sure it is stored in an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator.
- Blend It: Some people aren’t crazy about the texture of the chia seeds. If that’s you, simply toss the ingredients into your blender and blend until it’s smooth.
- Follow The Recipe: Be sure and add the ingredients in the order they are listed. It will help the whisking process.
- Be Sure And Stir: It is important to stir the chocolate chia pudding twice before putting it in the fridge. The first time when you are mixing all the ingredients. And, again once it has set for 10 minutes.
- Topping Ideas: Top with fresh fruit, nuts, seeds, crunchy oil-free granola, or vegan coconut whipped cream.
What Does Chocolate Chia Pudding Taste Like
Chocolate Chia Pudding is like a mixture of Greek yogurt, tapioca pudding, and mousse. It’s super creamy and rich, but way healthier.
And, although I’m not fan, even your keto pals can enjoy this delicious treat.
More Vegan Chocolate Recipes
- Healthy Avocado Chocolate Pudding
- Easy Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- Easy Vegan No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Be sure and subscribe to Shane & Simple so you never have to miss a recipe. And, if you try this recipe don’t forget to leave a comment with a star rating. I would be eternally grateful because it helps more than you know!Print