Creamy sriracha coleslaw with a refreshingly spicy and tangy flavor. Vegan and oil-free, it’s perfect for veggie burgers, tacos, and crunchy salads. The perfect summer side dish!
When you think of summer and all the foods that go with it, there’s always some type of slaw dish guaranteed to be on the table. Most are creamy and sweet and nothing wrong with that. But, I think it’s time for a spicy coleslaw recipe.
This slaw is so fresh and the perfect combination of tangy, spicy, and subtly sweet! Sriracha sauce, maple syrup, and vinegar come together with my cashew mayo to create the creamiest and most flavorful dressing. (Yes, I know, it sounds completely amazing.)
If you’re looking to liven up those vegan jackfruit pulled pork sandwiches or add a little crunch to your favorite vegan tacos, look no further. You’ll get all that and more with this creamy sriracha coleslaw.
Once you taste this slaw it’s guaranteed a place at your next BBQ, picnic, or lunch table. Trust me, it’s that good!
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
How could you not love this recipe?!? It’s so creamy, healthy, crunchy, and so flavorful!
But, here are just a few reasons why you should make this sriracha coleslaw:
- Totally WFPB and oil-free
- Dairy-free and gluten-free
- Super easy to make
- Healthy and refreshing
- Loaded with fresh veggies
All you need are 7 simple ingredients and about 10 minutes of your time for this recipe.
- Coleslaw Mix: I used pre-packaged coleslaw because it’s easy. But, you can easily make your own with cabbage and carrots. I’ve included instructions below with amounts.
- Shallot: I love the extra bit of crunch and flavor the shallot adds. I prefer shallots because they’re milder but red onion is also great.
- Vegan Mayo: Coleslaw is only as good as its dressing and I used my homemade cashew mayo. It’s easy, rich, creamy, and tastes amazing! Not to mention, it’s also oil-free and healthy.
- Spice, Acidity, & Sweetness: Sriracha, apple cider vinegar, and maple syrup come together and bring this slaw to life. The combination of all three is one major flavor explosion!
How To Make Sriracha Coleslaw
This creamy sriracha coleslaw recipe is so easy to make and packed with so much flavor. It’s naturally vegan, oil-free, and gluten-free!
NOTE: If you haven’t made the cashew mayo now’s the time to get it done. Whip it up and set it aside.
First, combine all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk them together.
Dump the coleslaw mix into a large bowl, add the dressing, and lightly toss everything together until the slaw and dressing are well combined. At this point give it a little taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
You can enjoy this right away but it’s best to cover it and refrigerate it for at least 1 hour. It gives the flavors time to meld and intensify.
And, that’s it!
How To Serve Creamy Sriracha Coleslaw
One of the best things about this spicy slaw is its versatility and that it turns almost anything into comfort food! Here are a few of my favorite ways to enjoy this recipe.
- Burgers & Sandwiches: Don’t just put the slaw on the side, pile it high on this black bean burger or potato chip tomato sandwich! It’s also amazing on the BBQ tempeh sandwich. If your eyes roll back in your head from sheer ecstasy that’s to be expected.
- Tacos: Add a little extra crunch and kick to your tacos by stacking them with this delish salad.
- Side Dish: Serve this slaw alongside my vegan seitan ribs, tempeh ribs, or blackened tofu. AH-MAZING!
Recipe Notes and Tips
To make your own coleslaw you need 3 cups of shredded green cabbage, 2 cups of shredded green cabbage, and 1 cup of finely shredded carrots. That’s it!
For adding extra flavor and crunch try adding some lime juice, lemon juice, chopped green onions, or scallions. Excellent!
The recipe can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
More Amazing Vegan Coleslaw Recipes
Enjoy this Creamy Sriracha Coleslaw and please leave a comment below with a star rating. And, be sure and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #shaneandsimple. I want to see your work. Enjoy!Print
Creamy sriracha coleslaw is made with a refreshingly spicy and tangy dressing. Vegan and oil-free, it’s perfect for veggie burgers, tacos, and crunchy salads. The perfect summer side dish!
- 1 cup Shane & Simple cashew vegan mayo
- 2 Tablespoons sriracha
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- 1 bag of pre-packaged coleslaw (14–16 ounces)
- 1 shallot or ½ of a small red onion, finely chopped
- Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- Place coleslaw mix into a large bowl, add dressing, and lightly toss until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serving Size: ¾ cup
- Calories: 114
- Sugar: 7.6 g
- Sodium: 101 mg
- Fat: 5.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.6 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: sriracha coleslaw, easy vegan recipes, easy vegan side dishes, plant-based recipes, spicy coleslaw, oil-free recipes