This Easy Vegan Coleslaw is creamy, delicious, and so easy to make. Made in one bowl with 5 ingredients, it’s the perfect vegan slaw for BBQ dishes, picnics, and summer potlucks! Oil-free, gluten-free, and healthy.
An amazing plant-based coleslaw recipe without mayo and no oil? Yes, that’s right. I know it seems impossible. But, trust me. IT’S SO FREAKING GOOD! It’s everything you want in a classic coleslaw: Creamy, crunchy, tangy, and absolutely delicious!
This vegan coleslaw is the essential summer side dish. And, as an added bonus, because this coleslaw is dairy-free, you don’t have to worry about it spoiling when you bring it to picnics and potlucks. Just sayin’…
Ready? Let’s make some homemade classic coleslaw!
Ingredients You’ll Need…
This vegan coleslaw recipe is so easy and requires just a few simple whole foods, plant-based ingredients to create one amazing summer side dish.
- Bagged Coleslaw Mix w/ Red Cabbage & Shredded Carrots: These sometimes come in 15 & 16-ounce bags as well. They work just as well. You can chop it yourself, but I prefer the convenience. And, I choose the one with cabbage and carrots because I like the “crunch.”
- Vegan Cashew Mayo: What makes this 5-ingredient coleslaw recipe so creamy and good is my Cashew Mayo. It’s much healthier than regular vegan mayo, easy to make, and uses only real ingredients.
- Maple Syrup: The sweetness pairs really well with the acidity from the vinegar.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: The tangy element of this recipe.
- Celery Seed: Adds an aromatic, savory, and earthy element to dishes like this. Celery seed also has some surprising health benefits.
- Salt & Pepper: This is completely optional so add as you see fit.
Table of Contents
How To Make Vegan Coleslaw
- Prepare the cashew mayo if you haven’t already. Here’s the recipe! Once this is done it’s time to make the vegan coleslaw dressing. Simply add the mayo, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and celery seed to a small mixing bowl and whisk. You want it to be smooth and creamy.
- Next, add the bagged coleslaw mix to a large mixing bowl, pour in the dressing, and toss. Taste, season with salt and pepper if necessary, and toss again. That’s it! Delicious creamy vegan coleslaw.
- You can enjoy this right away, but it’s best to cover and let sit in the fridge for at least an hour.
How To Store
You can store any leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 4-5 days. And, no, it is not freezer friendly. And, it gets even better the next day, so it’s perfect for planning ahead. Winning.
Reasons you will love this easy Vegan Coleslaw
- Easy to make
- Oil Free & Gluten Free
- Absolutely delicious!
What To Serve With Vegan Colesalw
This is the perfect vegan slaw for bbq dishes like…
- Best Vegan Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Easy BBQ Baked Beans
- Vegan Carrot Hot Dogs
- Best Vegan BBQ Sandwich
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Add the cashew mayo, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and celery seed to a small mixing bowl and whisk everything together until well combined.
- Add the bagged coleslaw mix to a large mixing bowl, pour in the wet mixture, and toss well to coat. Season with salt and pepper then toss once more. Cover and let chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
You can use 14, 15, or 16 ounces bagged coleslaw mix.
You can store any leftovers in the fridge covered for 4-5 days. And, no, it does not freeze well.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 10 mins.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 92
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Sodium: 59.8 mg
- Fat: 5.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.9 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan coleslaw no mayo, easy vegan coleslaw, vegan coleslaw recipe, coleslaw recipe healthy, healthy coleslaw recipes