This Vegan French Dressing recipe is so easy to whip up, rich and creamy, and absolutely delicious. One bowl, 7 simple ingredients, and 5 minutes are all you need to make this healthy oil-free vegan french dressing.
I freely admit salads haven’t always been one of my favorite things. But, since creating some of my own killer oil-free salad dressings my attitude has changed a bit. And, now with this Vegan French Dressing things just got even better.
This French dressing is so freaking good! And, it will for sure bring life to your salad. But, it’s also an excellent oil-free condiment for sandwiches, potatoes, roasted veggies, or anything else you can think to pour it on.
Are you ready? Let’s do this!
Ingredients You’ll Need
French dressing recipes are usually loaded with a ton of oil and processed sugars. But, I knew I could make a much healthier version that was just as rich, creamy, thick, and delicious. And, it’s insanely simple. Check out these simple ingredients.
- Mayo: I used my own Cashew Mayo recipe and it was perfect! It takes the place of the olive oil and works with the apple cider vinegar as the base of the sauce.
- Ketchup: This helps to thicken the dressing and make it creamier while adding that classic orange color french dressing is known for. I prefer using organic ketchup because there’s no corn syrup. If you are looking for a brand that is free of salt, oil, and sugar, check out this one from Well Your World. It’s EXCELLENT!
- Maple Syrup: Adds a nice hint of sweetness.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Adds the acidity and works well with the cashew mayo. You can also use white or red wine vinegar if you’re out of apple cider.
- Smoked Paprika: The magic ingredient. It adds a hint of spice but the smokiness is just unbelievable.
- Garlic Powder: A hint of flavoring. Because, garlic:)
How To Make Vegan French Dressing
This recipe is easier, cheaper, and healthier than buying it. So, why wouldn’t you?
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk until the dressing is well combined, smooth, and creamy.
That’s it. Told you it was easy. Don’t be afraid to play around with the ingredients and make it fit your taste. Want it sweeter? Add maple syrup. Want it tangier? The vinegar is your best friend. And, so on and so on…you get the picture.
How To Use Vegan French Dressing
Personally, I love pouring it over a bowl of plain fresh raw spinach. So, obviously, this is great for salads. But, it’s also great as a condiment or marinade. Try it with any one of these delicious recipes…
- Quinoa Black Bean Salad
- Apple Walnut Salad
- Easy Grilled Tofu (makes a great sandwich)
- Holiday Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
How To Store
You can store this vegan french dressing in a glass jar in the fridge for up to a week. Simply shake to recombine the ingredients when you’re ready to enjoy.
More Vegan Oil-Free Salad Dressings
This vegan french dressing is my absolute favorite oil-free salad dressing. But, here are some others you’re sure to love as well.
- Balsamic Oil-Free Salad Dressing
- Vegan Honey Mustard Dressing
- The Best Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Garlicky Lemon Tahini Dressing
You are going to love this Vegan French Dressing Recipe. It’s…
- & SO DELICIOUS!
If you have a nut allergy or want to make this a little lower in fat you can use roughly half of a 12-ounce box of Mori-Nu Extra Firm Silken Tofu.Print
- Add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk until everything is well combined, smooth, and creamy.
- Enjoy over a salad, on your favorite sandwich, or drizzled over roasted veggies.
Keywords: raw vegan french dressing recipe, oil free vegan french dressing recipe, vegan salad dressing, healthy french dressing recipe