Simple 1-ingredient homemade vegan broth excellent for using in soups, stews, chilis, and sauces. It’s full of flavor, low-sodium, fat-free, oil-free, and so easy to make.
Vegetable broth is essential for healthy vegan cooking. It’s the perfect base for soups, great for adding depth of flavor in savory recipes in place of water, and excellent for oil-free pan-frying or sauté. But, if you’re using store-bought brands be sure and read the label because many are high in sodium and contain oil.
The safest way to ensure you are getting a healthy broth or stock is to make it yourself, but even that can be a chore. The chopping, boiling, canning, blah, blah, blah can be a real hassle. But, not this recipe.
This delicious vegan broth is so easy to make and requires just one ingredient besides water. You literally mix with water and enjoy. This broth is vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free, oil-free, low-sodium, and filled with flavor.
When you’re in a pinch and don’t feel like running to the store or boiling tons of scraps this homemade vegetable broth is perfect. It’s pretty much all I ever use now.
What Is The Difference Between Stock And Veggie Broth
Regular stock is made with bones and broth is a mixture of veggies and meat or bones or both.
However, when it comes to using just veggies a stock usually contains salt whereas a broth is just the liquid and the veggies. But, ultimately there’s really no difference.
Table of Contents
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Shane & Simple Vegetable Bouillon: I always keep a ton of this mixed up and in the pantry for just such an occasion.
- Water: Use warm to boiling water so all bouillon powder will mix well.
How To Make Homemade Vegan Broth
- Simply add the ingredients to a small saucepan, heat, and whisk or stir until everything is well combined.
And, that’s it. Literally, that’s it.
How To Store It
- Refrigerator: Store in a glass jar for up to 7 days.
- Freezer: You can store vegan broth for up to 6 months in the freezer using freezer bags, muffin tins, or ice-cube trays.
How To Use Vegan Broth
This broth is an excellent light soup and can be used in place of water in almost all savory recipes. Here are a few examples…
I always prefer this delicious broth in place of water in savory recipes. It adds an extra layer of flavor you just can’t get from water. It’s also great for adding an extra depth of flavor to your grains like quinoa and brown rice.
- It’s very common for some of the ingredients to separate. All you need to do is give it a good shake or stir and all good.
- Be sure and warm to boil water when mixing the ingredients.
If you make this recipe I want to know. So, please leave a comment below with a star rating. And, be sure and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #shaneandsimple. I want to see your work. Enjoy!Print
- 1 Tbsp Shane & Simple Vegetable Bouillon Powder
- 1 cup hot water
- Combine all ingredients and stir or whisk until well combined.
It’s very common for some of the ingredients to separate. All you need to do is give it a good shake or stir and all good.
Be sure and warm to boil water when mixing the ingredients.
Refrigerator: Store in a glass jar for up to 7 days.
Freezer: You can store vegan broth for up to 6 months in the freezer using freezer bags, muffin tins, or ice-cube trays.
- Prep Time: 1 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Vegan Soups & Stews
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 19
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 31.5 mg
- Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.2 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: broth recipes, holiday, side, vegan broth, vegan broth soup, vegan soup recipe