This Vegan Grits Bowl with BBQ Soy Curls and Kale is the definition of comfort food. A delicious and healthy plant-based breakfast bowl featuring creamy cheesy grits, hearty bbq soy curls, and greens. A truly satisfying way to start the day.
All I can say is, “AMAZING!” I have been wanting to share this combination with you for some time. Why? Because I think this is the best and ultimate vegan breakfast bowl. This cheesy vegan grits bowl with BBQ soy curls and kale is hands down one of THE most comforting meals I have ever eaten.
The grits are cheesy, creamy, and savory. But, no dairy at all! The soy curls are meaty, smoky, with a hint of sweetness from the BBQ sauce. And, the kale is just clean and adds amazing texture to the dish. Are you ready?
LET’S MAKE IT!
I love it when pre-existing recipes come together to create one amazing meal. And, these three recipes were made for one another.
The individual recipes themselves are delicious and easy. But, once they are ready you’ll be amazed at how fast you can assemble this vegan breakfast bowl. It’s full of flavor, loaded with fiber and protein, and insanely delicious.
Here’s what you need to create this incredible vegan grits bowl:
- Easy Cheesy Vegan Grits: Southern comfort food centers around grits. You won’t believe how creamy and cheesy they are and absolutely no dairy!
- BBQ Soy Curls: If you still haven’t tried soy curls you are missing out. They’re loaded with protein, are NON-GMO, a great source of fiber and made with whole soybeans. Ready in as little as 10 minutes! You can make them with my homemade BBQ Sauce or use your favorite store brand.
- Easy Sauteed Kale: This kale recipe is oil-free and ready to eat in as little as 10 minutes. It’s a great way to get your greens and adds wonderful flavor and texture to this meal.
- Pickled Red Onion: Pickled Vegetables are a great way to add extra flavor to any meal. They’re a delicious topping for sandwiches, salads, or on their own as a side dish. But, pickled red onion was absolutely made for this dish.
How To Make the Best BBQ Vegan Grits Bowl
Once the other recipes have been prepared you simply assemble them into separate serving bowls. You should have no problem generously feeding four people with this meal.
And, it doesn’t just have to be for breakfast or brunch. This makes one excellent mid-week dinner as well.
Notes And Tips
- My Instant Pot Collard Greens are an excellent choice if kale ain’t your thing.
- This is an excellent meal to prep ahead of time. And, I would recommend you prepare the pickled onions at least 24 hours in advance if you plan on using them. The longer they sit, the better.
More Easy Vegan Brunch Recipes
You are going to love this Cheesy Vegan Grits Bowl with BBQ Soy Curls and Kale! It’s…
- Sweet & Smoky
- Satisfying and SO delcious!
If you want less sweet and more savory try replacing the BBQ Soy Curls with my Crispy Blackened Tofu. Incredible!Print
This Vegan Grits Bowl with BBQ Soy Curls and Sauteed Kale is the definition of comfort food. A delicious and healthy plant-based breakfast bowl featuring creamy cheesy grits, hearty bbq soy curls, and greens. A truly satisfying way to start the day.
- Assemble by dividing the grits, soy curls, and kale between 4 serving bowls. Top with pickled red onions if desired.
- You should have no problem feeding 4 people very easily with possible leftovers. Any leftovers can be stored in the fridge up to 5 days.
- Category: One Bowl
- Cuisine: Vegan