Easy Cheesy Vegan Grits are creamy, delicious, and so easy to make. Made in one pot and with only 4 ingredients. Enjoy them on their own or as a base to create one amazing vegan grain bowl!
If you’re from the South you eat grits. It’s that simple. Growing up, we had grits at least 3 times a week for breakfast. I still love them! They’re a staple in our home and have them regularly. But, we just do them a little differently these days. And, much healthier.
What?!? Grits without butter? Yes, absolutely.
You don’t need all the dairy, cheese, and oil to make amazing creamy cheesy grits. This vegan grits recipe is simple and ready in about 20 minutes. And, it’s sure to become a family favorite, not just for breakfast, but any meal.
Ready? Let’s do it!
How To Make Vegan Grits
You won’t believe how easy it is to make one of the world’s best comfort foods. If you’ve always wanted to know how to cook grits then this is for you.
Start by adding the unsweetened almond milk and low-sodium veggie broth to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Then, reduce the heat to low and slowly add the grits while whisking them so they don’t get clumpy. Once the grits are fully incorporated add the nutritional yeast, if you want, for the cheesiness.
What To Serve With Grits
Anything you want (almost) because vegan grits are so versatile. They’re delicious all by themselves. But, try building your own grit bowl using one or more of the amazing recipes…
- Crispy Blackened Tofu
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- BBQ Soy Curls
- Easy Sauteed Kale (Grits and greens are amazing!)
- Smoky Maple Tempeh Bacon (Crumble and sprinkle on top)
- Vegan Breakfast Sausage Patties
You are going to love these cheesy vegan grits. They’re…
- Super easy to make
- A little cheesy
- Gluten free
Did you make this recipe? Please be sure to leave a comment and star rating below and let me know your thoughts. Your feedback is helpful. If you’re wanting to start a plant-based diet or just exploring be sure and check out my E-book, The 5 Day Plant-Based Kickstart!Print
- Add the unsweetened almond milk and low-sodium veggie broth to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once the liquid starts to boil you can reduce the heat to low and slowly whisk in the grits. Slow and steady is the key because it prevents them from getting lumpy and clumpy. Once the grits are fully incorporated add the nutritional yeast, if you want, for the cheesiness.
- Let the grits cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes and stir or whisk frequently. That’s it! Delicious creamy cheesy vegan grits.
- Chopped green onions or diced jalapenos.
- Easy Vegan Chipotle Aioli
- Prep Time: 10 mins.
- Cook Time: 20 mins.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 197
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 170.5 mg
- Fat: 1.4 g
- Trans Fat:
- Carbohydrates: 36.8 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 7.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan grits, cheesy vegan grits, creamy vegan grits, blackened tofu grit bowl,