The best Vegan Apple Crisp is easy to make using simple wholesome ingredients and just 1 bowl! Tender, caramelized apples under a crunchy sweet, oat-nut topping. It’s the perfect Fall dessert.
- 4 medium/large Granny Smith apples (green)
- 4 medium/large Honeycrisp apples
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch (for thickening)
- 1/4 cup of water
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and begin preparing the filling.
- Peel and cut the apples into small cubes. Then, add to a large mixing and cover with the remaining filling ingredients. Toss and make sure everything is well combined and covered. Pour into a 9×13 nonstick baking dish or one lined with parchment paper.
- Rinse out your mixing bowl and add the topping ingredients. Stir everything together and use your hands, if necessary, to break apart any large chunks that stick together.
- Pour the topping over the filling and use your hands or a wooden spoon to evenly spread the mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 50 minutes to 1 hour until the top is golden, the filling is bubbling, and the apples are tender.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free oats and sub the flour for gluten-free flour like Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Baking Flour.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: vegan apple crisp, vegan apple crumble, vegan apple crisp recipe, apple crumble, apple crips