This Vegan Frittata is easy to make, absolutely delicious, and so close to the real thing. A savory egg-free frittata recipe that’s healthy, gluten-free, and low in fat. Perfect for breakfast or brunch!
If you have yet to find a vegan egg recipe that satisfies your soul that’s all about to change. This is the best vegan frittata recipe. It’s savory, healthy, filling, and so close to the real thing it’s scary. It’s also incredibly easy to make.
Although it’s normally served for breakfast or brunch it’s great for lunch and dinner as well. Serve this with my cashew sour cream and a sprinkle of vegan parmesan for a meal that will satisfy the pickiest of eaters.
Vegan Frittata Ingredients
Tofu is the base of this recipe and is an excellent egg substitute. It’s blended with savory spices to create the “egg” filling. Healthy sautéed vegetables are then combined with the mixture and baked to perfection to create the best vegan frittata.
Here’s a list of some simple ingredients you are going to need:
- Firm or Extra Firm Tofu: I prefer non-silken tofu for this recipe. It’s thicker and tends to bake better, IMO.
- Tapioca Flour: You can sub arrowroot flour or cornstarch.
- Spices: Nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, and turmeric is an excellent combination of vegan egg dishes.
- Black Salt: This is a kiln-fired rock salt used in South Asia and has a pretty sulphuric pungent-smell. It is also known as “Himalayan black salt” and when added to certain dishes creates an amazing “egg” flavor. A little goes a long way!
- Unsweetened Almond Milk: use whatever you prefer
- Veggies: Onions, mushrooms, spinach are my personal favorites for this dish. But, a frittata is an excellent way to use any leftover veggies you may have just sitting in the fridge. So, get creative.
- Grape Tomatoes & Red Onion: I primarily used these for decoration, but they add an extra layer of flavor that’s so delicious.
How To Make Vegan Frittata
Preheat your oven to 350˚F.
- Place the tofu, spices, and almond milk into a food processor and blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the onions and mushrooms to a preheated oven-safe skillet and cook for a few minutes until they start to soften. Then, toss in bell pepper and cook for a few seconds. Now, add the spinach and cook until it just starts to wilt.
- Pour in the tofu mixture and fold into the veggies and smooth.
- Top with the sliced grape tomatoes, sliced red onion, and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool for about 10-15 minutes.
And, THAT’S IT! The ultimate VEGAN FRITTATA! Perfect for breakfast, lunch, and even dinner. It also an excellent holiday brunch for Christmas and Easter.
- Oil-Free Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Tofu Bacon
- Vegan Breakfast Sausage
- The Best Vegan Homemade Biscuits
- Cheesy Vegan Grits
How To Store
- Refrigerator: Cover and place in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freezer: This vegan frittata does amazingly well in the freezer. You can store it for 3 months in a freezer-safe container. When you’re ready to enjoy simply pop it in a 350˚F oven for 10 minutes or so. You can also microwave it if you like, but that’s not my favorite way of heating it up.