This vegan Cabbage Soup is so easy to make, packed full of nutrients, and absolutely delicious! It’s low in calories, low in fat, but full of flavor. A warm and cozy soup perfect for those chilly winter nights.
When the weather turns cold I love to make soups that sit on the stove and simmer all day. And, this vegan Cabbage Soup is one of those soups. Green cabbage, bell peppers, and onions simmered to perfection in a delicious tomato broth. It’s one of the simplest, most convenient, cheapest, and healthiest soups you can make.
Cabbage soup is often referred to as “detox soup” or “weight-loss soup” because it’s clean, packed full of nutrients, and super low in calories. If you are looking for a way to take off a few of those extra unwanted Thanksgiving and Christmas pounds, this cabbage soup is perfect. You can practically burn calories eating it…or so they say.
If you want to make this soup a little heartier just toss in some potatoes or serve it up with my homemade vegan cornbread. Alright, LET’S MAKE IT!
Ingredients You’ll Need For Cabbage Soup
- Diced Tomatoes: I used two 14-ounce cans of no salt added fire-roasted tomatoes. But, any type of canned tomatoes would work.
- Copycat Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Low-Sodium Vegetable Stock: You can use water, but the stock adds flavor.
- Veggies: celery, bell peppers, and onions. Packed with nutrients, hearty and flavorful.
- Green Cabbage
How To Make Vegan Cabbage Soup
- Add the tomatoes, dry onion soup mix, and low-sodium vegetable stock to a large soup pot or dutch oven and mix well. Then, heat the mixture over medium-high heat.
- While you are waiting for the mixture to come to a boil add the remaining vegetables to the pot. Gently stir and make sure everything is well combined.
- Once the soup comes to a boil reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot with a lid, and let the soup simmer for 60-90 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
That’s all there is to it! A delicious and healthy vegetarian cabbage soup excellent for those colder months. It’s super basic so you can add more veggies or other sources of flavor if you prefer.
Cabbage Soup Common Questions
Simply add all the ingredients to your multi-functional pressure cooker (Instant Pot) close the lid and lock it. Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Release the pressure using the natural release method. Enjoy:)
Toss all the ingredients into the crockpot, cover, and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
Yes, any leftover vegan cabbage soup can be frozen for up to 3 months. Be sure and store in a tightly sealed freezer bag or container.
First, and foremost, I don’t recommend “diets” and I’m not recommending this one. But, this is an excellent recipe should you decide to try the cabbage soup diet. Most other recipes are loaded with sodium and some animal products. However, this soup is not only low in calories, but also low in sodium. And, it’s completely oil-free and vegan.
You can store this vegan cabbage soup in the fridge in an airtight container up to 5 days. Remove and reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
More Vegan Soup Recipes
If you want more “colder weather” soups be sure and check out this list of The Best Vegan Fall Soup Recipes that are guaranteed to keep you all nice and cozy.Print