We all know BBQ is necessary for a happy and meaningful life. But, what if you’re a vegan or just trying to eat more healthy? Well, it sure as hell doesn’t mean you have to go without a great BBQ sandwich. It also doesn’t mean wasting your time and money on crappy processed meat substitutes.
So, how do you reclaim an old favorite and make the Best Damn Vegan BBQ Sandwich? It’s soy curls. Plain and simple. Let’s GO!
What Are Soy Curls?
Soy curls are whole soybean that’s been boiled, shredded, and then dried. They’re minimally processed from non-GMO soybeans without all the chemical pesticides and crap.
And, if this recipe looks a little familiar…you’re right. I decided to reuse a couple of recent recipes to create another recipe. We’re going use my Quick & Easy BBQ Soy Curls, with a slight alteration.
What’s the alteration? A very simple, but delicious, BBQ spice blend that you will toss the soy curls in when they’re done soaking.
And, let’s not forget my Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce. When all these delicious elements come together it creates one hell of a BBQ Sandwich!
This recipe is so easy and comes together in less than 20 minutes! You probably have every ingredient lying around in your cabinet except for the soy curls.
But, that’s a problem easily remedied because Amazon essentially owns the world.
How To Make The Best Vegan BBQ Sandwich
The process is so EASY.
- Open a bag of Butler Soy Curls and soak in a bowl of water for 10 minutes.
- Drain soy curls and toss with BBQ spices.
- Dump soy curls in heated skillet.
- Add BBQ sauce.
THE BEST VEGAN BBQ SANDWICH in just 20 minutes. I’d be surprised if it didn’t fool some poor carnivore into thinking they’re eating meat. Trust me. This stuff is legit. A vegan dream food!
Best Vegan BBQ Sandwich
Trust me when I say you’re going to LOVE this sandwich. It’s…
- Pure BBQ
- Perfect for potlucks or the big game
- Loaded with protein and fiber
- Simple to make
- & Freaking delicious!
Oh, and as a bonus. Each sandwich contains over 13 grams of protein. So, just in case some carnivore tries to give you a hard time about not eating meat. That argument just doesn’t fly.
More Vegan Potluck Recipes
You know the drill. If you make this recipe, be sure and let me know! Leave a comment, RATE IT, and tag a photo #shaneandsimple on Instagram.Print
The Best BBQ Sandwich is right here! It’s made with Butler Soy Curls & my Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce. Ready in 20 minutes, a great source of protein & fiber, and an awesome game day food.
- Place soy curls in a bowl, cover with warm water and soak for 10 minutes.
- While soy curls are soaking preheat a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and prepare Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce.
- Drain soy curls and place back in the bowl and toss with BBQ seasoning blend.
- Add to soy curls to skillet, cover with BBQ sauce and cook for about 10 minutes or until completely heated.
- Remove from heat and top buns with generous portions of BBQ soy curls.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 207
- Sugar: 16.3 g
- Sodium: 544.5 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.7 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 13.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan, plant-based, barbecue, bbq