Easy Vegan Tofu Mayonnaise is easy to make, oil-free, gluten-free, nut-free, and much healthier than regular mayo. Perfect for salads, sandwiches, and wraps! Just 2 minutes and 5 ingredients are required.
I have always loved mayonnaise and still do. But, trying to find a healthy one is a bit of task. So, I made my own out of cashews several years ago and quickly became one of the most popular recipes on my blog.
However, some people can’t do nuts and asked me to come up with another alternative. And, I’m happy to introduce you to my easy vegan tofu mayonnaise!
I have to say this is without a doubt my favorite vegan mayo. Silken tofu provides the base with just 4 other ingredients rounding out the recipe: lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and garlic powder. Salt should be added per your taste.
You can use this mayo anywhere you would use regular mayo. And, you won’t feel like a big grease ball after indulging a bit. It’s fresh, clean, and ready in less than 5 minutes.
It’s time to make your own vegan mayonnaise at home and forget the store-bought brands! Yes, it is possible. Bonus? This vegan mayo recipe does not use oil, vegan egg replacements, or even cashews. You simply will not believe it.
Why You Will Love This Vegan Mayonnaise Recipe
- ready in 2 minutes
- egg-free, nut-free, and oil-free
- 5 ingredients
- low-fat and healthy
- tangy, thick, rich, and creamy
Ingredients You Will Need
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this vegan tofu mayonnaise.
- Tofu: Mori-Nu silken tofu is my favorite and works best for the is recipe. It blends up super easy to create a smooth and creamy consistency. Silken tofu is also high in protein and low in fat.
- Acid: lemon juice and apple cider vinegar add that signature “tang” found in mayo.
- Spice: garlic powder and dijon mustard round out the rest of the ingredients. And, make the flavor of mayo come alive. If you want a little extra flavor you could also add a small amount of onion powder.
- Salt: I prefer to wait until everything is blended, taste, and then season with sea salt.
How To Make Tofu Mayonnaise
This tofu mayonnaise recipe could not easier. You simply dump everything into a blender, store, and serve.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor, blender, or immersion blender. Process until smooth and creamy.
- After blending and the mixture is smooth, taste and adjust for flavor. If you want more tang add a little more lemon juice and apple cider vinegar. For more savoriness, add a little garlic powder or salt.
- Store in an airtight container or glass jar with a lid in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Use in sandwiches anywhere you would use mayo. It’s perfect for carrot dogs, burgers, potato salad, coleslaw, dressings, and more!
How Should I Use Tofu Mayonnaise
This easy vegan mayo is versatile and can be used just like you would use regular mayo.
- Potato Salad
- a spread for this Potato Chip Tomato Sandwich
- create your favorite mayo-based salad dressings
- make vegan tartar sauce
- a deliciou vegan BLT with tofu bacon or tempeh bacon
- it makes a delicious dip for these Cajun fries
Notes and Tips
- This tofu mayonnaise will firm up as it sits in the fridge. If you want to thin it out add a little soy milk and other non-dairy milk and stir.
- Vegan mayo can be stored in an airtight container and kept in the fridge for up to one week. But, it is NOT freezer-friendly!
- Try adding more “flavor” to your mayo by using your favorite fresh herbs.
- This recipe is more on the subtle savory side. If you want a little sweetness simply add 1 teaspoon of maple syrup or agave.
More Vegan Condiment Recipes
- Cashew Mayo
- Vegan Sriracha Mayo
- Garlicky Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Check out the entire list of dressings and sauces on Shane & Simple
I hope you enjoy this easy Vegan Tofu Mayonnaise. Please leave a comment below with a star rating. And, be sure and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #shaneandsimple. I want to see your work. Enjoy!Print
Easy Vegan Tofu Mayonnaise is easy to make, gluten-free, and much healthier than regular mayo. Perfect for salads, sandwiches, and wraps! Just 2 minutes and 5 ingredients are required.
- After blending and mixture is smooth, taste and adjust flavor as desired. If you want more tang add a little more lemon juice and apple cider vinegar. For savoriness, add a little garlic powder or salt.
Nutrition info does not include the addition of salt.
This tofu mayonnaise will firm up as it sits in the fridge. If you want to thin it out add a little soy milk and other non-dairy milk and stir.
Vegan mayo can be stored in an airtight container and kept in the fridge for up to one week. But, it is NOT freezer-friendly!
Try adding more “flavor” to your mayo by using your favorite fresh herbs.
This recipe is more on the subtle savory side. If you want a little sweetness simply add 1 teaspoon of maple syrup or agave.
- Serving Size: 1 Tbsp
- Calories: 10
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 8 mg
- Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.5 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: tofu mayo, tofu mayonnaise, vegan tofu mayonnaise, vegan mayo, vegan mayonnaise, tofu vegan mayonnaise