Getting enough protein on a whole-foods, plant-based diet is not difficult and these easy high-protein vegan recipes are proof. This list includes healthy, oil-free high-protein vegan breakfast recipes, lunch recipes, and dinner recipes.
If you’ve been thinking about going plant-based but are worried about not getting enough protein you can rest easy. We all know it’s much better for us and our bodies to eat this way. And, regardless of all the misinformation floating around on the internet, you will get plenty of protein on a whole-food, plant-based diet.
How Much Protein Do I Need
In reality, you probably don’t need as much as you think.
The U.S. government’s protein RDA recommendation is 0.8 grams per kilogram of body weight. So, for a 140-pound person, that translates to about 50 grams of protein a day. But, check out this article from Forks Over Knives for a more in-depth explanation.
High Protein Vegan Foods
The truth is all plants contain protein. But, just to give you a few vegan protein ideas, here’s a very brief list of the ones that excel.
- Green Vegetables. Spinach, kale, and broccoli are great.
- Soy. Tofu, tempeh, and edamame.
- Whole grains. Oats and quinoa are my favorites and usually the most accessible and affordable.
- Beans & Legumes. Chickpeas, lentils, black beans, and basically all types of beans.
- Nuts, Seeds, & Nut Butters. Hemp seeds, chia seeds, almonds, sesame seeds, and all-natural nut butters.
Any of these high protein vegan meals will be a great addition to your weekly meal plan. So, no more talk. Time for the recipes!