French onion dip is a favorite food at parties, tailgates, and food events. This vegan French onion dip is a healthy, dairy-free alternative to the original and just as delicious!
A party platter without classic french onion dip is not a party platter. So, be sure your vegan holiday appetizer tray is well equipped. No matter the size of your holiday gathering or party, this vegan onion dip should be front and center.
Chips and dip, saving you from awkward party conversation for decades.
I love serving this vegan french onion dip with my fat-free potato chips, whole grain crackers, or fresh raw veggies. This recipe is very easily doubled, tripled, or quadrupled. And, it takes mere minutes to whip up.
So, as long as you have some of my homemade copycat Lipton Onion Soup Mix ready to go, this dip can be read in no time. Let’s make it!
Table of Contents
Is There A Vegan French Onion Dip?
Yes, this one! And, the flavor is spot on. It’s also healthy too. How? Very simple. First, stay away from vegan store-bought brands. They’re usually very processed and contain loads of oil.
This vegan french onion dip is super easy to make and sure to be a hit at your next gathering.
NOTE: links to the vegan sour cream and soup mix are down below in the recipe card along with the exact amounts.
- Cashew Sour Cream: be sure and use raw cashews when preparing this sour cream. You don’t want roasted or salted.
- Copycat Lipton Onion Soup Mix: This recipe is so close to the real thing it’s amazing.
- Vegan Worcestershire Sauce: adds that little bit of extra kick and spice.
How To Make Vegan French Onion Dip
This crowd-pleasing Vegan French Onion Dip is so easy to make and perfect for any family get-together, holiday gathering, or just simply snacking.
It’s made with simple, healthy, and wholesome ingredients. And, best of all, there’s no cooking involved.
- Sour Cream: Prepare the cashew sour cream if you haven’t already. I recommend you make this the night before so it has time to chill and set up in the fridge. All you need for this recipe are raw cashews, lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, water, and a little salt. Then, you throw the ingredients into a blender and blend.
- Mix All The Ingredients: Add the remaining ingredients, except for the salt, to the cashew sour cream and stir until everything is well combined. Once everything is mixed then taste and then season with salt if need.
There you have it my lovelies, the best Vegan French Onion Dip! Easy, healthy, creamy, better than store-bought, and insanely delicious.
Garnish with some fresh chives and you’re ready to serve this masterpiece.
How To Serve Vegan French Onion Dip
If you want a little more variety healthy crackers and fresh raw veggies are also excellent options. A few of my favorites are…
- sliced bell pepper
Tips & FAQ’s
How To Store Leftovers?
Cover and place in the fridge and it’s good for up to 7 days. That’s why this dip is great for making a day or so in advance. It’s a simple and healthy snack to always have on hand for the kiddos as well.
Are there any substitutions I should try?
My vegan mayo or cashew cream cheese is great for this delicious dip. And, try adding some caramelized onions to the final product. Simple preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add some sliced onions, and cook until they’re done. Adding a little bit of vegetable broth will help the caramelization.
What is Vegetarian Worcestershire?
Most Worcestershire sauces contain anchovies and are not vegan. So, make sure you get a vegetarian brand. If you don’t have it you can sub low-sodium soy sauce, Tamari, or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos. You can also omit if you wish.
Can I Freeze Vegan French Onion Dip?
Probably. But, it’s highly unlikely you will have any leftovers. And, I don’t really know why you would freeze it because it’s so easy and fast to make.
How Do I Make It Low Fat?
Want More Vegan Dip Recipes & Appetizers?
- The Best Vegan Cashew Queso
- Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- The Best Vegan 7 Layer Dip
- Smoky Vegan Bacon Flavored Hummus
This Vegan French Onion Dip is so easy to make and a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Made with homemade dry onion soup mix and creamy Cashew Sour Cream, it’s perfect for the holidays, gatherings, and snacking. Serve it with crackers, chips, or fresh veggies.
- Prepare the cashew sour cream if you haven’t already.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the sour cream and whisk until everything is well combined. Taste and season with salt if necessary.
- Chill for 30 minutes. You can enjoy it immediately if you wish, but I like to serve it cold and allow it to thicken up a bit as well.
- Serve with Fat-Free Microwave Potato Chips, Homemade Tortilla Chips, or fresh veggies.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 3.9 g
- Sodium: 226 mg
- Fat: 8.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5 g
- Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg